National News

President Trump Transported to Hospital

U.S. President Donald Trump boards the Marine One helicopter at the White House to fly to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Md., after testing positive for the COVID-19 Oct. 2, 2020. (Photo: CNS/Leah Millis, Reuters)

WINDSOR TERRACE – Less than 24 hours after President Donald Trump revealed to the world that he had tested positive for COVID-19, he was transported to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland to undergo additional tests.

Marine One took off from the White House lawn with the president aboard at 6:16 p.m. Trump walked to the helicopter under his own power.

The president was expected to remain at the hospital for a few days, White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany said in a statement.

Doctors at Walter Reed were expected to administer tests and monitor Trump’s condition. The hospital contains secure office space for the president and he is expected to work in that office during his stay, officials said.

“Out of an abundance of caution, and at the recommendation of his physician and medical experts, the president will be working from the presidential offices at Walter Reed for the next few days,” McEnany said in her statement.

“President Trump appreciates the outpouring of support for both he and the First Lady,” McEnany added.

The president and First Lady Melania Trump revealed in separate tweets on Oct. 2 that they had both tested positive for COVID-19, the highly infectious virus that has killed more than 200,000 people in the U.S.

The president’s tweet came at around 1 a.m.

“Tonight, @FLOTUS and I tested positive for COVID-19. We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER!,” the president’s message said.

Friday morning, Vice President Mike Pence’s press secretary Devin O’Malley announced on Twitter that the vice president and his wife, Karen, both tested negative for the coronavirus.

“Vice President Pence remains in good health and wishes the Trumps well in their recovery,” O’Malley said.

Throughout the day on Oct. 2, the condition of the Trumps was a source of great concern throughout the U.S. and throughout the world.

The president’s physician, Dr. Sean Conley, released a memo in the afternoon in which he outlined the course of treatment Trump had been undergoing.

 Trump was being given “polyclonal antibodies” to help his body battle COVID-19, his doctor said.

The president was experiencing mild symptoms of COVID-19 and was feeling fatigued, the doctor said.

He has a low-grade fever, nasal congestion and a cough, The New York Times reported, citing two sources close to the president.

One thought on “President Trump Transported to Hospital

  1. I am praying for our President and his First Lady that they get well. This is a disease that effects all of us. Rich, poor, young and old this disease attacks us all. May our Lord help us .