The Ursuline Sisters of Tildonk, Belgium, celebrated 95 years of ministry in the U.S. with a Mass and cocktail party fundraiser Nov. 3 at St. William the Abbot Church in Seaford, N.Y.
“It was so wonderful to celebrate with joy and great gratitude with so many people who have such strong connections with our sisters,” stated Sister Joanne Callahan, O.S.U., Provincial of the Ursuline Sisters of Tildonk.
“The Mass was truly moving and uplifting, and the cocktail party was so very lovely. It was great to connect with so many people from years ago and those who are presently in friendship and ministry with us. Our heartfelt thanks to all who worked so hard to make the event so joyful and
In 1924, the pastor of Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Ozone Park, visited the tomb of St. Angela in Brescia, Italy, and prayed for sisters to staff his school.
On Sept. 8, 1924, the Ursuline sisters arrived in Queens for the feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary. They helped educate thousands of students in Catholic elementary and high schools throughout New York and Connecticut.