• • •
Rockaway Dads Dance with DaughtersSt. Rose of Lima Catholic Academy, Rockaway Beach, held its first Father/Daughter Dance last month, and drew over 200 guests, including some of the upper-grade girls and their fathers, above.
• • •Mayor Bill de Blasio recently signed legislation approving the renaming of 74th Avenue in Fresh Meadows in honor of Bishop Ignatius Catanello, former pastor of Holy Family Church, who died in March, 2013. According to Queens Councilman Rory Lancman’s office, the renaming ceremony will be later this spring.
• • •Divine Mercy Sunday is April 12 and on that day, the Phil Am Association at Immaculate Conception parish, Jamaica Estates, is sponsoring a one-day pilgrimage to the National Shrine of Divine Mercy in Stockbridge, Mass. The cost is $40 per person. For bus reservations, call Lucy, 718-526-0218 or Flor, 718-657-0626.
• • •Single, Catholic women, ages 16-38, are invited to deepen their relationship with Jesus and discover the beauty of consecrated life by joining the Little Sisters of the Poor from St. Ann’s Novitiate, Queens Village, for the Paschal Triduum, beginning on Holy Thursday, April 2 at 2 p.m. through Easter Sunday, April 5 at 3 p.m. For details, or to register, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 718-464-4920.
• • •Steven Aranha, Marlene Corujo, Laura Frary, MaryAnn Schlechter and John Schlechter will be installed as extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion at Our Lady of the Snows, North Floral Park, this Saturday, March 21. May God bless you with many years of fruitful service.
• • •If you have lost a spouse through death, divorce or separation – and you’re ready to move on, then you are invited to take part in the Beginning Experience, a grace-filled weekend offering a sense of peace and renewed hope for the future. The next weekend experience will be April 10-12 at the Montfort Spiritual Center in Bay Shore, L.I. For details, call Mary, 516-413-6209 or John, 516-822-0635.
• • •This week’s Tip of the Tablet TALK Top Hat goes to the people of Our Lady of Mercy, Forest Hills, for donating 54 pints of blood during the parish’s recent blood drive. And plans are already underway for the next blood drive on Aug. 2.
• • •The Bridge to Life, Flushing, is celebrating its 23rd anniversary with a Gala Dinner Dance, April 19, 2-7 p.m. at Leonard’s of Great Neck, L.I. Honorees: Walter Kedjierski, state pro-life chairman, N.Y.S. Council Knights of Columbus, and Jeanne E. Head, RN, president, The Manhattan Right to Life Committee. The donation is $75 per person, which includes dinner, music and dancing. Enjoy raffles and 50/50s too. Proceeds will help The Bridge to Life in its vital work of assisting mothers and babies. To reserve seats or journal ads, call 718-463-1810 by April 7.