A native of Spain, he was ordained a Vincentian priest in Madrid on July 16, 1944.
He came to the diocese in 1959 and served as assistant at Holy Family, Flatlands, 1959-61 and 1975-83; Our Lady of Mercy, Brownsville, 1961-64 and 1972-75; and St. Stanislaus Kostka, Maspeth, 1971-72. He also was chaplain at Brookdale Hospital, Brownsville.
In 1983, he retired and moved to Orlando, Fla.
He was named a monsignor in 2005.