Service was a main theme of the breakfast, the 100th in the Society’s history, and the Mass beforehand celebrated by Bishop Robert Brennan at Our Lady of Lourdes Parish.
Holy Name Church Remains Stable Amidst Ever-Changing Appearance
Holy Name of Jesus parish in Windsor Terrace, Brooklyn, was established in 1878 by the first bishop of Brooklyn, John Loughlin. Father Thomas O’Reilly, a native of Ireland, was appointed pastor and the first parish Mass was held in a local stable before a permanent worship site was built.
Hoops Old-Timers Still Talk Plenty of Game
The Old-Timers hosted its 58th annual Hall of Fame induction ceremony and dinner May 5 at Sirico’s Caterers in Dyker Heights. Five new members – of which four were products of the local CHSAA – were enshrined for their basketball accomplishments as they joined the list of over 200 deserving inductees.
Leopoldi’s – Nuts and Bolts Of Brooklyn for 50 Years
In 1966, a Brooklyn man took a leap of faith and opened a little hardware store in Park Slope.