Confidence, Creativity and Sisterhood
Why Choose an All-Girls School?
According to a 2009 UCLA study, young women who attend all-girls high schools demonstrate:
• greater confidence in math, computer and writing abilities.
• 30 percent higher SAT scores in reading, writing and math.
• greater political engagement and interest in engineering careers.
• self-confidence in public speaking, and greater likelihood of engaging in extracurricular activities.
• a higher realization that college is a stepping-stone to graduate school.
• a lower tendency to think in terms of “girl-subjects” and to fit traditional stereotypes.
“There is a spontaneity, a synergy, an emotional security, and a sense of community that seem to flow out of shared experiences and common purposes as young women. What I saw and what I heard from students, parents, staff and alumnae was that these schools are safe harbors where girls can securely weather the storms of adolescence while nurturing their spirit and intellect.” – Rosemary Salomone ’64, author of: Same, Different, Equal: Rethinking Single-Sex schooling (Harvard University Press, 2010)
Why Choose St. Saviour H.S.?
St. Saviour H.S., Park Slope, we pride ourselves on dynamic student-teacher relationships, a rigorous academic curriculum, flexibility and small class sizes, which allows students to think critically and creatively in the liberal arts, sciences and technology.
We believes you will develop into a young woman empowered to make changes in the world. Students grow spiritually, intellectually, emotionally and socially through Catholic education. You will gain a strong academic foundation to reach your fullest potential. You will experience the St. Saviour sisterhood!
Recent college acceptances include: Barnard, BU, Carnegie Mellon, Columbia, Cooper Union, Cornell, Dartmouth, FIT, Georgetown, GWU, Harvard, NYU, U. Penn, Princeton, RIT, Rensselaer, Smith, Stevens, U. Rochester and Villanova.
Call 718-768-4406 ext. 10 or visit www.stsaviour.org/admissions to learn more.