‘Let it Be Known … that Christ is the Reason for Our School’
Christ the King High School is a Catholic high school dedicated to creating an atmosphere in which all members of the student body can attain a high level of achievement based upon their unique abilities and relationship with God.
Christ the King High School is an independent, co-educational Catholic high school with a four-year college preparatory curriculum. Located in Middle Village, Queens, Christ the King draws students from all areas of the city. The school is accredited by the Board of Regents of the State of New York and the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
Long known for its nationally ranked athletic programs, Christ the King has reached a level of academic distinction making it one of the most sought after private high schools in New York City. Each year, its students achieve academic excellence that results in millions of dollars of scholarships from colleges and universities across the nation. Christ the King’s dedicated teachers and support staff have demonstrated both the knowledge and commitment to make its academic program second to none.
The curriculum offerings at Christ the King are designed to allow each student the opportunity to maximize his or her potential. Course offerings include:
• English: English 9, American literature and British literature. Seniors may choose from AP English, humanities public speaking/creative writing and world literature.
• Mathematics: Common Core: algebra; Common Core: geometry; algebra II/ trigonometry; algebra II. Electives include: math 12, statistics, pre-calculus and AP calculus.
• Science: Living environment, earth science, chemistry, physics. Additional courses are offered in forensics, anatomy and physiology, environmental science, AP biology, and a mentoring program in advanced research.
• Social Studies: Global history & geography I & II, U.S. history and government, government and economics in addition to AP world history, AP U.S. history and AP U.S. government and politics. Elective courses include: psychology and sports psychology.
• Religion: Courses include: Catholic foundations I & II, Hebrew & Christian Scriptures, the Christian way of life. Community service hours are required of all sophomores, juniors and seniors.
• Foreign Language: Four-year sequences are offered in American Sign Language, Italian, Latin, Spanish. Up to six transferable college credits from St. John’s University can be granted in American Sign Language, Italian and Spanish.
• Technology: Christ the King offers advanced technical programs to high school students during the regular school day. Students can enroll in several programs, ranging from intermediate computer science, to the advanced Microsoft IT Academy, as well as the AP computer science principles course. Students enter the program in sophomore year and continue until graduation. Students are encouraged to take Microsoft and Certiport certification exams starting during the intermediate computer science course.
• Arts: Freshmen may choose from band, chorus, dance, studio in art or theatre arts. Electives include: advanced band, concert chorus, intermediate and advanced dance, ceramics, drawing and painting, theatre arts and broadcasting.
Christ the King also offers an honors track for ninth through 12th graders, as well as the opportunity for juniors and seniors who excel to participate in St. John University’s High School Extension Program.
Students have a wide array of award winning clubs and activities, including its math, and speech and debate teams, which have consistently been ranked within the top place winners amongst hundreds of high schools throughout New York State.
Students can choose to join clubs and activities such as art, book, broadcasting, chess, dance, drum corps, journalism, marching band, National Honor Society, newspaper, prevention leadership, student government, theatre arts, video-yearbook, yearbook, robotics club and movie club.
Nationally Renowned Sports
Christ the King High School has a nationally renowned sports program including: basketball, baseball, bowling, cheerleading, football, golf, handball, soccer, step, track and volleyball.
Christ the King High School students have scored as high as the 99th percentile on recent SATs and have gone to nationally ranked colleges and universities, such as MIT, Pennsylvania State, Duke, Georgetown, NYU, St. John’s, Howard, Adelphi, Hofstra, Fordham, St. Francis, Pace, Skidmore, Boston College, The Macaulay Honors Program at CUNY, University of Connecticut and elite U.S. Military academies, such as West Point and the Air Force Academy.
Christ the King stands committed to offering its students a safe environment, an excellent education, a place to learn personal responsibility, an opportunity to build a strong body as well as a sharp mind, the challenge of competition in a first-class sports program, and a home that places a premium on spiritual growth.