La Salle Academy is one of the oldest Catholic high schools in Manhattan, educating young men in the Lasallian tradition for 170 years.
Accredited by the Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges as a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, La Salle is rich in tradition and service, and offers a host of innovative programming that provides the rigorous academic curriculum needed to advance students to America’s finest colleges and universities.
• La Salle Works – Internship program, drives upperclassmen into real-world work environments.
• La Salle in the City – Action-based learning, uses sites around NYC and beyond as the classroom.
• La Salle Reads – Incentivized summer reading program encourages students to keep their minds sharp year-round.
• La Salle @2:30 – Features 30+ extracurricular after-school activities, including the La Salle Academy Band.
• Digital Learning – Includes online virtual library, state-of-the-art science lab, classrooms equipped with SMART Boards and a tablet for every student.
• Athletics – A rich history and numerous city championships including varsity basketball, varsity and JV baseball and JV bowling this year alone! Other offerings: handball, soccer, track and field.
• Service – The Office of Campus Ministry encourages spiritual growth and participation in the sacramental life of the Catholic Church through liturgy, community service and education.
• Partnerships – Include the multi-pronged STEAM (science, technology, engineering, the arts and mathematics) initiatives with The Cooper Union and dual-credit offerings through La Salle University and Manhattan College.
• Financial Aid – All prospective students are considered, regardless of family financial situations. There are many tuition assistance options. Of the leading Catholic high schools in NYC, La Salle is among the most affordable.
This year, La Salle welcomed its largest wait-list freshman class for the first time in decades! The school boasts a 99 percent college acceptance rate and on average, graduates receive approximately $200,000 in college scholarships.
(click to enlarge)