Calvary is the nation’s only fully accredited acute-care specialty hospital devoted to providing palliative care to adult patients – from all faith traditions – with advanced cancer and other life-limiting illnesses. More than 6,000 patients are cared for annually by Calvary’s inpatient, outpatient, home care, hospice and wound care services. Inpatient care is offered at our 200-bed facility in the Bronx and our 25-bed Brooklyn Satellite at Lutheran Medical Center. Calvary Hospice provides short-term inpatient care at The Dawn Greene Hospice, located at Mary Manning Walsh Home, Manhattan.
Under Calvary@Home, Calvary offers comprehensive care to patients at home who are suffering from advanced cancer or other chronic and acute terminal illnesses. Calvary offers home care in all five boroughs of New York City as well as Westchester, Nassau, Rockland and Putnam counties. It offers hospice services in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Nassau, Westchester and Rockland counties. As needed, Calvary@Home can facilitate a seamless transition to becoming an inpatient at Bronx, Brooklyn or Manhattan locations.
Since 2001, Calvary’s Brooklyn Satellite has improved the quality of life for many of the more than three million people who live in this bustling and diverse borough.
Calvary services in Brooklyn and Queens include:
- Offering our signature care to inpatients at our the 25-bed Brooklyn Satellite at Lutheran Medical Center;
- Providing Home Care in private homes in both boroughs;
- Providing Home Hospice care right in people’s home or at select nursing facilities in Brooklyn and Queens;
- Helping dozens of adults, adolescents and children with free bereavement support groups in Downtown Brooklyn; and
- Calvary’s Camp Compass® at Kingsborough Community College. This innovative week-long summer day camp is open to children ages 6 to 17 who attend Calvary bereavement support groups the rest of the year. There is no charge for any Calvary support groups or the camp.
Calvary and Yeshiva University have collaborated to provide observant Jewish families with the information they need to obtain quality end-of-life care in full accordance with Halakha (Jewish law).
For more information, call 718-518-2300 (Inpatient) or 718-518-2465 (Calvary@Home). To learn more, support the Calvary mission, or sign up for the e-newsletter, Calvary Life, go to www.calvaryhospital.org.