The Catholic Youth Organization of Brooklyn and Queens held its boys’ swimming Olympics Dec. 18 at the Eisenhower Park Aquatic Center, East Meadow, L.I. The day saw four new records and one near miss.
• Michael Coquinco of AOK (St. Kevin, Flushing/St. Anastasia, Douglaston/Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament, Bayside/Sacred Heart, Bayside) broke a 13-year-old record in the Novice 25-yard backstroke with a time of 21.43.
• Cristin Nicchi of ANSOLA (St. Anselm/Our Lady of Angels, Bay Ridge) broke a 17-year-old record in the Junior 25-yard breaststroke with a time of 15.39.
• Sean Green of St. Francis de Sales, Belle Harbor, smashed the Senior 50-yard backstroke record by almost a second (0.95) with a time of 24.40, thus ruining former record holder Matthew Beehler’s ownership of all four backstroke records.
• The OLAN (Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Sunset Park/St. Andrew the Apostle, Bay Ridge) Senior 100 Medley Relay team broke the record in a preliminary race, along with team St. Sebastian, Woodside, team, which later swam faster. Ultimately, the AOK Senior 100 Medley Relay of Riley Martinez, Aiden Chan, Ismael Minchala, and Matthew Chang obliterated the record by 2.9 seconds with a winning time of 51.90.
• Hayden Ko of AOK just missed the Junior 50-yard freestyle record by .01 with a time of 25.19.