She was 89.
She did social work at St. Francis of Paola, Williamsburg, 1953-55, and taught at the now-defunct St. Benedict’s, Bedford-Stuyvesant, 1955-60, and at Holy Family, Clinton Hill, 1970-72 and 1979-82. She also taught at schools in New Jersey.
Sister Alberta also served as the congregation’s director of vocations and was involved in the Sisters Senate in Brooklyn, Paterson, N.J., and Newark, N.J. A native of Jersey City, N.J., she entered the Franciscan Sisters of Ringwood in 1951 (the order later merged with the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia) and was a Franciscan sister for 68 years.
A Mass of Christian Burial was celebrated in Assisi House on July 2. Burial was in God’s Little Acre Cemetery in Aston.