Academic Excellence in a Tradition of Service
Saint Teresa of Avila reminded us that we are the hands of God on earth.
At Sacred Heart Catholic Academy of Bayside, that philosophy is lived out each and every day! Students are encouraged to look for opportunities to serve the community at large. So far this year, students have:
• Made cards for people living in nursing home;
• Collected donations for service men and women;
• Hosted a Thanksgiving Food Drive;
• Sponsored a family at Christmas;
• Wrote letters to Santa, which were deposited at Macy’s in support of the Make a Wish Foundation;
• Made Christmas cards for the needy;
• Held a children’s coat drive to support parishes in both the Diocese of Brooklyn as well as the Archdiocese of New York;
• Participated in a toy drive sponsored by a local assemblyman; and
• Girl Scouts sang Christmas carols with the elderly at Ozanam Hall.
Sharing talents and doing acts of service is a way of life at Sacred Heart Catholic Academy; it is not just a one and done!
In addition, students strive to achieve academic excellence within the Common Core curriculum. At this time, 100 percent of students are accepted to a Catholic high school, and so far, the Class of 2017 has earned scholarships valued over $500,000 to local Catholic high schools.
Sacred Heart Catholic Academy of Bayside’s mission statement says that the academy educates the many facets of the children who walk through the doors. This is achieved by a strong commitment to instruction in both art and music from kindergarten to grade eight.
Foreign language is also offered to students in kindergarten through grade eight, and the academy continues to teach cursive writing as well as the Common Core standards for ELA and Math.
Technology education is an important part of the curriculum, and the infrastructure of the academy building is completely wired for WiFi.
See Sacred Heart Catholic Academy of Bayside for yourself. Call 718-631-4804 to schedule a private tour.