High school track and field teams from the Diocese of Brooklyn were well represented Jan. 25 at the indoor CHSAA NY/BQ sectional finals held at the Armory, Manhattan.
Below are some notable performances by competitors from the BQ Catholic high schools:
– Brian Strachn, Bishop Loughlin M.H.S., Fort Greene, placed first in the 400-meter dash with a time of 54.23.
– Senior Darryl McNeil, Christ the King R.H.S., Middle Village, placed first in the 300-meter dash with a time of 34.82.
– The Archbishop Molloy H.S., Briarwood, relay team took home first place in the 4×800-meter finals with a time of 8:27.90.
– Senior Sydney Gibbons, Msgr. McClancy M.H.S., East Elmhurst, won first place in the 55-meter hurdles with a time of 7.76.
– Archbishop Molloy senior Jared Lovelace won first in the high jump at 6-02.00.
– Senior Andrew Michael, St. Francis Prep, Fresh Meadows, won first place in the shot put at 40-05.00.
– Iantha Wright, St. John’s Prep, Astoria, won first place in the 300-meter dash with a time of 41.04 and the 55-meter dash with a time of 7.41.
– Kaleah Miller, The Mary Louis Academy, Jamaica Estates, won first place in the long jump at 16-07.00 and the triple jump at 33-06.50.
– The Mary Louis Academy relay team took home first in the 4×200-meter race with a time of 1:49.23.
– The first place finish in the 4×800-meter relay went to St. Francis Prep with a time of 10:34.73.
– A trio of Archbishop Molloy athletes won their respective events, with Grace Ann Crocket posting a winning time of 9:45 in the 55-meter hurdles, Sarah Kowpak finishing first in the high jump at 5-03.00, and Laura Williams recording the top pole vault at 9-00.00.