Calvary is the nation’s only fully accredited acute-care specialty hospital devoted to providing palliative care to adult patients who have advanced cancer and other life-limiting illnesses.
Each year, more than 6,000 patients – of all faith traditions – are cared for annually by Calvary’s inpatient, home care and hospice services.
CalvaryCare is offered on an inpatient basis at the 200-bed hospital in the Bronx and 25-bed Brooklyn Satellite at NYU Lutheran. Calvary Hospice provides short-term inpatient care at The Dawn Greene Hospice in Manhattan and at Ozanam Hall in Queens.
Calvary also brings its care into hundreds of private homes and select nursing facilities throughout the greater New York area.
• We offer home care in all five boroughs of New York City as well as Westchester, Nassau, Rockland and Putnam counties, and hospice services in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Nassau, Westchester and Rockland counties.
• As needed, Calvary@Home can facilitate a seamless transition to our inpatient facilities.
• To date, Calvary Hospice has provided short-term inpatient care to more than 500 patients at The Dawn Greene Hospice at Mary Manning Walsh Home.
Since 2001, Brooklyn residents have received CalvaryCare in several ways:
– Inpatient care at our 25-bed Brooklyn Satellite;
– Home care and home hospice right in their homes; and
– Participating in our free bereavement support groups in Downtown Brooklyn for adults, children, tweens and teens.
In March 2016, the Roman Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn recognized the outstanding care given by the staff at Calvary’s Brooklyn Satellite with The Bishop Thomas Vose Daily Pro Vita Award.
Calvary also partners with leading organizations in the Jewish community such as Yeshiva University and the National Association of Chevra Kadisha to educate observant Jewish families about how to obtain quality end-of-life medical care in full accordance with Halakha (Jewish law).