Updated August 9, 2013.
1. OUR COMMITMENT
The Tablet understands how important the protection of your personal information is to you. We are committed to protecting your privacy. We want to make sure you understand how the personal information you provide to us is being used as well as the choices that you have regarding this information. The following policy discloses our procedures surrounding this commitment.
2. SCOPE OF POLICY
The Site may contain links to web sites not under the Organizations’ control and managed by third parties with independent information and privacy practices. We strive to protect your information and suggest you read the privacy policies of the site to which you are redirected before supplying any personal information. In addition, we may have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties. Accordingly, you should consult these other web sites’ privacy policies when accessing or using such other web pages.
3. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
The Tablet may gather some personal identifiable information from you when it is voluntarily submitted by you. The types of information collected may include but are not limited to your name, email address, phone number, credit card number and billing address, and residential and business postal addresses.
The Tablet collects information online in the following ways:
• Upon registration as a user on our Web sites
• Upon registration for a class or training session
• From award nominations
• Upon completion of our online forms and applications
• Upon completion of our online surveys
• Through email communications, including communications you originate from the “Contact Us” page
• Upon your generous online donations
• When updating personal information in your profile.
Automatic Collection: In the course of providing you with the services you find on our Site, our web and application server will automatically collect usage-related information, including the URLs that you access through our Site, the date and time of your usage, your Internet protocol (IP) address, your Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, number of clicks, and your browser type. We collect this information so we can perform effective capacity planning, administer the Site, troubleshoot Web site performance, track users’ movements in the aggregate, gather demographic information for aggregate use, and accurately document revenue-generating transactions from your generous online donations. We use a tracking utility that uses log files to analyze user movement in our site.
4. USE OF INFORMATION
All personally identifiable information obtained from you is treated with great care to protect your privacy and security. Except as discussed in Section 5, management authorizes only trained and qualified employees, agents performing duties on behalf of the Tablet, and contractors to access the information you choose to provide. Your personal information may be used to:
• Build quality and useful services by analyzing user trends and by measuring demographics and interests
• Communicate with you about your account or the Site
• Communicate member violations and sanctions
• Pre-populate online forms for your convenience
• Provide you with prompt and effective service
• Send you newsletters
• Support the operation of the Site (for example: account maintenance, and troubleshooting such as access for the user).
Your personal information may also be used in other ways that you either imply or expressly give consent to or instruct us to undertake. We do not sell email addresses to any third party.
5. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
It is our commitment that your personal information is disclosed only to third parties to the extent needed to deliver a service or program in compliance with the Tablet. Vendors and third parties are prohibited from using this information for any purpose outside of the scope of the prescribed activities. Third parties with whom we may share selected personal information include but are not limited to:
• Affinity partners
• Our auditors
• Conference attendees (for the conference you are registered for)
• Mailing and fulfillment houses
• Such other third parties as permitted or required by law.